Soul (御魂) are the different equipment you can apply to your Shikigami to increase their stats and obtain unique effects. A player can keep 6000 unequipped soul.
Soul are often grouped into different categories based on the different effects bequeathed. A master list can be found here.
Officially, the Soul's attributes are considered attack-type, defense-type, and utility-type.
攻击 / 攻撃力
| Attack Percentage|
攻击加成 / 追加攻撃力
| Critical Attack|
暴击 / 会心率
| Critical Attack Damage|
暴击伤害 / 会心DMG
生命 / HP
| Health Percentage|
生命加成 / 追加HP
防御 / 防御力
| Defense Percentage|
防御加成 / 追加防御力
| Effect Resistance|
效果抵抗 / 効果抵抗
| Effect Accuracy|
效果命中 / 効果命中
速度 / 素早さ
Other attributes are: Attack, Health, Defense, Attack Percentage, Health Percentage, Defense Percentage.
The higher the star rating of a Soul, the stronger it is compared to the same Soul of lesser star rating, as leveling a higher-star Soul causes a higher rate of attribute enhancement. Soul have one star at minimum and six stars at maximum.
However, the attribute enhancement is not necessarily fixed as it seems that decimals are added at random, thus, only the max attributes are certain.
- To see the table with stats data click here.
Like any other game with an equipment system, every shikigami in this game has six different slots to equip the Soul. However, what makes Onmyoji's implementation slightly confusing is the fact that the Soul enhances a specific stat in a specific way depending on its position, and the primary attribute is unrelated to the effect of the Soul itself. Specifically, consult the following to see what stats are enhanced for each of the six positions:
|Primary stats for each slot|
|Slot 2||Speed, Attack %, Defense %, HP %|
|Slot 4||Accuracy, Resistance, Attack %, Defense %, HP %|
|Slot 6||Critical chance, Critical damage, Attack %, Defense %, HP %|
- For more information, visit Mitama/Strengthening
The text that is in red when accessing the information panel of the Soul is its primary attribute. The primary attribute is guaranteed to increase as the Soul levels up. The possible primary attributes of the Soul depend on its position.
The text that is in black when accessing the information panel of the Soul shows its sub-attribute, which is upgraded or added randomly at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15. There are a maximum of 4 sub-attributes, which can be of any type and is unrelated to the Soul's position.
The text that is grayed out when accessing the information panel of the Soul is the 2-set and 4-set combo effect. When 2 or 4 of the same type of Soul is equipped on one shikigami, the corresponding effect activates and the text turns green. These attributes are specific to the Soul type and cannot be powered up through leveling.
The altar mechanism is a method to recycle large amounts of unwanted Soul for gold. Up to 100 Soul can be offered to the altar at one time, but there is no upper limit to the total number of Soul that can be offered.
In addition to gold, there is a chance to get a divine reward if Soul that are 4 star or higher are offered. Rewards include beads, awakening materials, shikigami shards (including SSR) and kekkai cards. Furthermore, each time any Soul is sold, there is a probability for "bestseller" effect, which gives bonus gold.
|Star||Rewards per Soul|
|4||500 gold, average 2.1% chance for divine reward|
|5||1000 gold, average 2.7% chance for divine reward|
|6||5000 gold, random number of Orochi Reverse Scales, average 5.3% chance for divine reward|
入口：式神录→御魂→整理→贪吃鬼 用处：贪吃鬼会定期吃掉标记为弃置的御魂并存储等量的御魂经验。 阴阳师大人可通过「进食习惯」设置哪些星级的御魂在获得的时候自动弃置，以便贪吃鬼进食。也可通过「进食习惯」设置贪吃鬼吃掉弃置御魂的进食周期（默认为停止进食）。在大人们登录游戏的时候，贪吃鬼会吃掉弃置时间超过所设定周期的御魂。 注意事项：贪吃鬼不会吃掉青吉鬼、6星御魂、强化等级≥1的御魂，并且贪吃鬼也不能帮大人自动弃置6星御魂。使用贪吃鬼强化其他御魂时，只会消耗其存储的经验，不会使其摧毁。贪吃鬼不可用于强化御灵。 储存上限：贪吃鬼可存储经验上限是99999999，超过就不会再进食了。
• Players can find the gluttonous ghost function under the “Souls” tab • Gluttonous ghost will eat souls that are marked as discarded and store the equivalent amount as soul experience at fixed intervals. • Players can change the settings of which souls to discard automatically with the “eating habits” function, to facilitate easier use of the gluttonous ghost feature. • “eating habits” can also be used to change the time interval at which the gluttonous ghost eats souls. (The default setting is “never.”) • When the player logs into the game, the gluttonous ghost will eat the discarded souls that has been discarded for a period of time which exceeds the set time interval. • The gluttonous ghost will not eat Aokichi Oni, g6 souls, or souls that have been upgraded to level 1 or higher, and will not automatically discard g6 souls. • The upper limit of experience stored by gluttonous ghost is 99999999, and it will not eat souls in excess of that. • Gluttonous Ghost cannot be used to strengthen Goryou.
Soul can be acquired by several different methods.
While doing story quests and subsequent exploration of those same areas, you will often find one or two after beating an enemy. Each chapter location rewards a single type of Soul. Soul up to four stars are dropped from this method.
- Yamata no Orochi and Sougenbi at the Soul location
- A harder version of Soul, the True Yamata no Orochi, will also appear at random at the southwest of the Soul instance.
- In the Goryou Realm, which are opened on various days of week, all levels of Goryou instances will drop random Soul.
- Oumagatoki, Hunt, Tako, Inkai Gate will also have chance of drop.
- One-time completion of certain Skin Instance floors may give Soul.
- Certain delegations will give a specified Soul.
- The Shop
- Goryou must be fed Soul in order to level up